Substance Abuse Counselor
Reports to Clinical Director, the Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor will be responsible for providing direct clinical care to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide direct clinical services, including individual counseling, service planning, assessments, group counseling, and case management to clients.
● Collaborate with professionals both within and outside the facility, as appropriate.
●Carries caseload and provides weekly individual therapy for each of the assigned clients.
● Maintain accurate, thoroughly documented client records with a quality of documentation that meets facility and licensing standards.
● Collaborate with the client’s Mentor and Clinical Program Director to develop appropriate aftercare and discharge plan.
● Ability to work in a team environment and attend weekly clinical team meetings to ensure best client care.
● Attend general staff meetings.
● Abide by code of law and ethics
● Model values of the treatment center
● Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences including LGBTQ, racial, ethnic, socio-economic, disabilities.
● Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Experience in addiction and dual diagnoses.
● Theoretical Orientation: psychodynamic and trauma-influenced, 12-step, LGBTQ-Affirmative, Mindfulness, CBT, and other treatment modalities and theories.
● Experience working with adults, couples, and families who struggle with substance abuse.
● Knowledge of the sponsorship and community support groups.
Education and Experience:
● MSW, LCSW from an accredited school of social work, or MA in Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or other related degree AND current license (OR) preferred.
● CADC 1 minimum required
● Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to maintain accurate chart records and documentation
● Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, and multi-task
.● Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
●Ability to pass background checks.
●Ability to pass a drug screening.
●Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as requested.Required experience:
●Two years’ experience working in a substance abuse treatment setting.
Email Resume to